I have not blogged for quite some time because business was intense, but now that I have hired more help, I am able to push my business to the next level – and also get back to blogging about those critical tips that will help you get your message out.
I read industry news on a regular basis, and one thing that came across my desk this morning was about the new changes that Google announced to their algorithm.
Wow. Basically Google is saying that your site will take a hit on April 21, 2015 in the Google search engine rankings if it does not load fast and if it is not mobile friendly – ie responsive.
So what you are supposed to do about it?
Here are two tests that you can take to see how your site measures up.
After that you need to get with your web developer and see what can be done to get things fixed.
Certainly if you want us to look at either test for your site, just send us the url of the site you want us to test.
We have been talking about responsive web design since it first took off at the end of 2012. At the end of that year, we decided as a team that we would only build responsive websites. Now it is non-negotiable for your message.
- Hello world! - November 1, 2016
- How Important is the new Googlebot Announcement from Last Week for your SEO Ranking? (HINT – don’t ignore it!) - August 4, 2015
- Content Management System Sanity Check – Drupal? Joomla? WordPress? What CMS road are you on? - May 20, 2015
- Do You Have a Backup Plan? - May 14, 2015
- The Only Mobile Test You Will Ever Need - April 22, 2015
- Speed and Mobile Now Matter for Google - April 9, 2015
- App and Tablet Market Share: Apple’s First, Free Apps are Second - November 28, 2012
- Goodbye, Internet Explorer 7 and 8. - October 19, 2012
- Mobile Survey Results - October 9, 2012
- What are Your Customers Thinking? - September 13, 2012