The monsters under the bed turned out to be hackers.
Size doesn’t matter. When it comes to web attacks, hackers don’t only assault the big guys – they go for the little guys, too. Their methods can be effective at smothering both.
Let’s take LinkedIn for example.
On June 6, 2012 (yesterday), LinkedIn, a professional social network of over 161 million members, admitted to having a data breach. About 6 million passwords were stolen. It remains to be seen whether LinkedIn will lose still more data – damage reports confirmed that the attack was made from inside the network, and a security researcher reported that the hackers might still be inside.
Although big guys like LinkedIn are bright targets for such hostile attention, hackers are known for striking anyone, anywhere. Your website is no exception. Are you prepared to handle monsters?
We build forts.
At HyperDo, we are actively defending our clients from web attacks and fortifying their sites with the finest website security tech available. Some of our clients have aggressive and focused enemies. We are proud to say that we have thwarted every attempt to bring down any of our clients.
How do we protect you? It’s a hybrid strategy of website security guidelines provided by WordPress or other CMS combined with custom development. Walk with me through this checklist to see if you are doing any or all of these:[unordered_list style=”tick”]
- We install your PHP coding according to high standards and industry specs and keep your WordPress or other CMS site up-to-date.
- We’re choosy when it comes to passwords and who has them. We keep tabs on who has administrative or installation capabilities. And we never use a WP or other CMS plug-in unless we are assured of its safety and reliability. If we find deficiencies, we drop it.
- For certain customers, who need more aggressive security, we implement Sitelock, a software that actively scans and monitors your site on a daily basis. Sitelock regularly tests your site’s portals and structure, flushing out insurgents and displaying a website security status tag on your homepage. That way you know the security conditions 24/7.
- Like Sitelock, HyperDo monitors your site around the clock, too. We take minute-by-minute screenshots of your homepage, so if something goes wrong, our support team knows within seconds.
- Finally, we customize website security according to the needs of each individual site. No templates in our web design means no security templates – just as each of our clients’ sites are unique, so are their security systems. With HyperDo, you can be sure that the site you get is sporting its own armor.
No more monsters.
At HyperDo Media, we’re well versed in the tactics of hackers and how to defend our clients against attack. We take care of the complex website security issues so that you don’t have to. If it’s server related, you can count on some of the toughest security protocol on the web. If it has to do with ecommerce, you can expect that every transaction process is PCI compliant and up to the latest industry standards.
It’s nice to know that, although monsters are out there, at least there aren’t any under your bed.
- Hello world! - November 1, 2016
- How Important is the new Googlebot Announcement from Last Week for your SEO Ranking? (HINT – don’t ignore it!) - August 4, 2015
- Content Management System Sanity Check – Drupal? Joomla? WordPress? What CMS road are you on? - May 20, 2015
- Do You Have a Backup Plan? - May 14, 2015
- The Only Mobile Test You Will Ever Need - April 22, 2015
- Speed and Mobile Now Matter for Google - April 9, 2015
- App and Tablet Market Share: Apple’s First, Free Apps are Second - November 28, 2012
- Goodbye, Internet Explorer 7 and 8. - October 19, 2012
- Mobile Survey Results - October 9, 2012
- What are Your Customers Thinking? - September 13, 2012