People who are attracted to and believe in your product will follow you anywhere – and they’ll promote you among their friends, too. So how do you gain this kind of audience?
We’ll breeze through 10 basic steps of keeping (and growing) your audience based on Mashable’s infographic on an engaged audience, starting with
- Value: You have a great product – show your audience what makes it great. If they don’t see the value here, they’ll look for it somewhere else.
- Content: Keep your copy short and sweet. Intrigue and inform. Spend time crafting headlines, because the pitch will determine whether your audience is interested in reading more or not.
- Break it up: Use plenty of line breaks, intriguing subheaders and bulleted lists (see what we did here?)
- Offer more: Include links to similar posts, popular content, etc., to keep ‘em browsing.
- Socialize: Harness the power of social media to share, promote, link and direct. Sharing on multiple social media platforms will drive traffic and engage your audience.
- Socialize again: It’s okay to share really good posts again. Customize these with messages and comments to make them more personal. If they’re from another site, always give a nod to your sources.
- Keep them: Include a “subscribe” button at the end of your emails and posts and maintain an RSS feed. That way, those who like your content will get it.
- Guest blog: Be a guest blogger for other blogs in the fields similar to yours. You’ll receive attention and traffic as a result.
- Free stuff: Offer your audience free podcasts, Ebooks, Ecourses, online coupons, etc. Everyone loves freebees, and they’ll remember you for it.
- Network: Work with other bloggers and invest in professional relationships which will benefit all parties involved.
Everyone wants a loyal, growing audience – it’s the determining factor of a company’s success, especially when it comes to competing on the web.
Now you have the inside info on how to achieve it. Create stunning content, promote it usefully, and you’ll win your audience for keeps.
If you don’t have the time, let us do it for you. At HyperDo, we’re not just developing websites – we’re also developing crisp, engaging copy, social media integration and branded email marketing. We’ll win your audience and keep them coming back for more.